Comments or questions about anything on this website are always welcome. I'm particularly grateful when readers alert me to mistakes (anything from factual inaccuracies to typing errors), or let me know that a link on the site doesn't work. Please keep it up!
You can send me an email by clicking on the link below. However, before you do so, please bear in mind the following points:
I do not respond to:
- check first whether the information you want is already on the website or can easily be found elsewhere (using Google, for example).
- I'm happy to try to answer questions from students - but please don't expect me to write your essay for you!
- I reply to all emails (even if it's only to say I can't help), usually within three days. If for some reason you don't receive a reply, please try again.
- if I am able to help you with advice or information, I appreciate a brief note of acknowledgement - if only so that I know you've received my reply.
- I no longer give interviews, either face to face or on the phone: everything I know is already on the website.
- finally, please note that if you write to me I will add you to the mailing list so that I can keep you abreast of the latest additions to the site. (There are currently around 500 names on the list). You can let me know at any time if you do not wish to receive occasional updates from me and I will, of course, remove you from the list.
Incidentally, this website is my only presence online (apart from a personal family website): I don't do Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc. There are other Derek Gillards out there - but they're not me!
- requests from parents for advice on the choice of schools for their children: I can't do this and it's not what the site is about;
- requests to provide links to commercial websites;
- offers of articles - sponsored or otherwise;
- emails offering - or appearing to offer - commercial services.